What is API Management
API Management is a mechanism for optimizing the client's work with the exchange. By creating a list of APIs, you can provide algorithmic platforms or operators with access to trading operations on your account.
You give access to certain functions to an additional trading service (for example, a trading bot) without giving it a password from the account itself. On bitexbit you can create API keys with three types of access:
- Read only — the operator will have access to balances, open positions, data on your account;
- Can trade — the operator will be able to make transactions for the purchase or sale of your assets + “read only” access;
- Can withdraw — the operator will be able to withdraw funds from the account + “read only” and “can trade” access. That is, he will receive full access to the functionality of your account. Please note that if you have the Address Management function enabled, the operator will be able to withdraw funds only to addresses from the white list. Learn more about managing addresses.
How to set up API management
- Click the Login button on the website.
- Enter the login and password of your account and go through two-factor authentication if it is activated.
- Hover over the Profile button in the upper right corner and select API from the drop-down list of functions.
- Click the Add API key button
- Fill in the fields by choosing the name of the key, the functionality you want to give access to (“can trade” or “can withdraw/full access”), and indicating the list of IPs from which the access can be provided at the same time. If you want to leave “read only”, do not fill in the checkboxes for the functionality. Click the button Create key.
- Copy and save the Access Key and Private Key that will be needed to provide the operator with the access to your account.
Never give your private keys to unauthorized persons. It can lead to the loss of funds in your account!
- Click the Create new Key button if you want to create another key. Click on the cross or anywhere outside the panel to close pop-up window. The generated key will appear in the list on the API Management page.
- You can create up to 16 API keys for different types of access and different trading services. To delete one of the keys, click Delete in the corresponding field. To clear the list, click Delete all.
- To connect your bitexbit account to an additional trading service, use the saved keys.
Last modified on 5/20/2021