How to create an IP Whitelist
IP whitelist is a security feature that allows you to provide access to your account on the exchange only from saved IP addresses. IP Whitelist activation restricts access to devices from an unknown IP address.
By creating an IP whitelist, you can effectively control where you can access your account from. You can add your home, office IP address, as well as your operators or employees to whom you grant access to operations. On the one hand, if you or your employee want to work from a cafe or coworking space, this will not be possible without adding the IP of this place. On the other hand, it significantly increases the level of security, since no one else can also log into your account from an unknown place. Please note that IP addresses are provided by ISPs and may be dynamic. In such a case, the IP address is subject to change without notice. In order to avoid interruptions in work, check which addresses are provided by your ISP.
How to enable IP Whitelist on bitexbit
- Click the Login button on the website.
- Enter the login and password of your account and go through two-factor authentication if it is activated.
- Hover your cursor over the Profile button in the top bar and select Security from the dropdown list of functions.
- Click the Manage button in the IP Whitelist section.
- To activate the whitelist, you must first add at least one IP address to it. You can find out your current IP address in the network settings of your device or any service in Google, Yandex, etc., through the search query ‘my IP’. Click the Add new IP address button, enter the IP in ipv4 or ipv6 format. Name the address and click the Submit button.
- Confirm the addition of the IP address using the confirmation code from your email, or via 2FA.
- Now turn on the whitelist function: click on the slider next to the Whitelist off inscription and confirm the activation using the confirmation code that will be sent to your email or via 2FA.
Before activating the whitelist, carefully check the correctness of the IP addresses. If you enter an incorrect address, you will lose the ability to access the exchange. In this case, contact support, but it will take time to restore access.
Please use all possible security measures to protect your accounts on the exchange and be vigilant!
Last modified on 10.02.2021